Baked camembert with bacon is one of those dishes I crave each Autumn and Winter. This simple recipe makes an easy lunch or starter. The addition of honey works wonderfully with the bacon and cheese. I’ve added accompaniments of toasted pine-nuts and rosemary, elevating this simple Camembert to a sharing dish to be proud of. If you like melted cheese dishes you’ll love this one!
When you are considering how to eat Camembert, really crunchy bread should be priority! It goes fantastically well with the soft cheese. I’ll show you how to cook camembert – once you know, you can throw it together at a moments notice.
PIN for later!
The house smells particularly cosy with aromas of melting cheese, bacon crisping and bread toasting in the bacon juices.
You don’t need to fuss with fancy table settings with this dish. I just place the baked camembert onto the waxy paper it arrives in, on top of a wooden board with chunks of toast.
It’s s fun and easy starter to place in-front of guests while you pour them a glass of wine. Although I’ve enjoyed this mainly as a hearty lunch with a mug of dark coffee.
How to make Baked Camembert with Bacon, Honey, Pine-nuts and Rosemary
- 1 x 250g Camembert
- 3 fresh sprigs rosemary tips + another sprig with the leaved picked and finely chopped
- 30g bacon lardons
- 1Tbsp pine-nuts, toasted
- runny honey, a good drizzle
- crunchy bread
- olive oil
- Turn the oven on to 180ºC.
- Unwrap the Camembert cheese and place it back into the ‘wooden’ box.
- Using a knife score the top about 1cm from the edge. Remove the top layer of skin.
- Poke in the 3 sprigs of Rosemary tips.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and place in the oven on an oven tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place your bacon lardons in a dry frying pan and cook until crispy. Place onto a kitchen towel leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add slices of bread into the pan turning them to soak up the bacon fat. Remove when toasted both sides.
- Before serving add the crispy bacon, toasted pine-nuts, the remaining chopped rosemary and a nice drizzle of honey.
- Serve with the toasted bread on the side.
What would you have on yours? Tell me in the comments, I love hearing from you!
Let’s stay in touch!
Other hearty lunch recipes