If you are a fan of a cheese toastie, think of this as a sharing pull-apart toastie. Yes, it’s a whole loaf turned into a cheesy, chicken and pancetta pull-apart bread! The bread has to be loaded, there’s no other way and the sharing bread should be presented hot. But, you don’t have to use these particular fillings, I’ll share with you a list of alternative loaded pull-apart bread ideas. Once you’ve grasped the concept, you’ll be cutting loaves into a hedgehog shape or cross hatch at every chance.
You may never look at a loaf of bread in the same way again!
To make this cheesy, chicken and pancetta pull-apart bread
- 1 small uncut loaf (I used Celtic Bakers Organic White Sourdough 450g)
- 75g diced pancetta
- 150g mature cheddar
- 120g cooked, sliced chicken
- 1tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- Cut the bread in diagonal slices, being careful not to cut right through, but just near the base. Then repeat so you are cutting across the first set of slices. The keyword here is cross hatch.
- Cook the pancetta pieces in a small frying pan until browned.
- Grate the cheese.
- Pick of the thyme leaves from the stalks.
- Now, simply stuff all the gaps with the chicken, cheese and bacon using the bread knife for leverage if needs be. Try to get as much down into the gaps as you can and load up more than you think you should.
- Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and press into the grated cheese.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve straight away.
Other filling ideas for pull-apart bread
- fresh herbs, shredded cheese and garlic
- peppers, bacon, cheese and a Ranch dressing
- cinnamon sugar
- mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and olives
- baked brie and tart caramelized cranberries
- four cheeses
- pepperoni, peppers and onions
- fresh chilli, cheese, cooked sausage meat and sage
- bar-be-que chicken, cheese and red peppers
- pesto, ham and apple pieces
- pepperoni, cheese and cooked sausage meat
- nutella and banana slices
Other lunch ideas
For other exciting recipes straight to your in box, please subscribe!
Claim Your FREE Travel Guide & Checklist When You Subscribe To Our Email List
Claim your free travel guide and checklist and you'll also get weekly posts on travel, recipes and more!