Decorating halloween brownies can be hugely fun. These cute spiders dressed as Mummies could also be a get well brownies. Either way these super easy halloween brownies are both cute and delicious! They are a great treat for kids (grandchildren) to either make with you or devour for you.
Chocolate desserts are a kind of must in our house whenever there’s some kind of festive celebration, so these decadent, rich and fudgy brownies are pretty much up there at the top of the list. The charismatic little spiders dressed up for Halloween are sure to delight your family.
PIN for later!
These can be made well in advance or made with the children of the family.
The most fun to be had here is to give the spiders different characters. Some were clearly better at dressing up than others!
How to make Halloween Brownies
Ingredients for the brownies
- 250g unsalted butter
- 200g 70% Dark Chocolate
- 90g Cocoa powder
- 65g Plain White Flour
- 1/2tsp Fine Salt
- 350g Golden Caster Sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
Ingredients for the decoration
- 9 giant chocolate buttons
- chocolate sugar strands
- icing sugar (I used normal for the eyes and unrefined for the bandages)
- 3 piping bags
- 2 small round nozzles and 1 small curved nozzle.
- Black food colouring
- Make sure eggs are at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Line a square tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter gently in a bain-marie.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients (minus the walnuts), then add in the chocolate-butter mix. Stir together.
- Lightly whip the eggs in a small bowl then add them to the chocolate mix. Beat lightly until silky.
- Add the finished mix into the tin and bake for 30 minutes (if you have time for it to set overnight) or 40 minutes (if you need it in good shape the same day).
- Leave the brownie to cool, then cut into squares.
How to decorate Halloween brownies with Spider Mummies
- Mix 10 heaped unrefined Tbsp icing sugar (sieved) with 2 tsp of cold water and mix in. Then add drip by drip until you get a thick but spreadable paste.
- Stick a giant chocolate button into the middle of each brownie piece using a little icing.
- Cover the top of each chocolate button with the icing and sprinkle with the sugar strands, pressing them in gently to help them stick.
- Now, make up a similar amount again of the white icing for the eyes and pipe onto each spider (using the small circle nozzle), putting the eyes at the front of the body. This icing doesn’t need to be as thick, but you still want it to hold it’s shape.
- Add black food colouring to the remaining white icing and pipe (using another small round nozzle) the spider legs.
- Finish using the black icing on the dots of the spiders eyes.
- All thats left if to dress the spiders as mummies – add the thicker unrefined icing into a piping bag with the small curved nozzle.
- Now criss-cross the bandages back and forth over the spider bodies.
Let’s stay connected!
Other Halloween or Bonfire Night Treats
Claim Your FREE Travel Guide & Checklist
Claim your free travel guide and checklist and be sent weekly posts on travel, recipes and more! Helping to make your midlife more fabulous.