These low carb almond cookies are made with almond flour, honey and orange blossom. They are simple to make and relatively healthy for a cookie as they are gluten free, free of refined sugar and contain no butter or oil. The freshly ground almonds are full of natural oils.
Fresh handmade cookies are always better, in my opinion. This homemade cookie recipe makes 6, so double it up if you are having company. Otherwise, make a fresh batch when ever you fancy a healthier cookie and the smell of orange blossom and almond seeping through the house…
I made these almond biscuits as a gift for my Aunty, although I made a terrible error of leaving them out, sitting pretty and posing for photographs, the night before our visit. So, I had to make do with just the shop bought apricot and almond tart.
They look so pretty wrapped simply in a bow and some parchment paper.
These simple almond cookies are transformed into a thoughtful homemade gift. Just remember to place them in an airtight jar over night!
To make these Low Carb Almond Cookies with Honey and Orange Blossom, you will need
- 200g freshly ground almonds
- 140g runny honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water
- grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- grated zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 free range egg white
- small pinch of salt
How to make these Low Carb Almond Cookies with Honey and Orange Blossom
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC and line one baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whizz the almonds in the blender to turn them into almond flour. It doesn’t matter if it’s not all fine, it will give the biscuits a little texture.
- In a bowl mix together the ground almonds, runny honey, cinnamon, orange blossom, the citrus zest and a small pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients together. Then add just enough egg white to form a stiff paste.
- Work it a little in the bowl until it comes together.
- Divide the mix into 6 and shape into biscuits, placing them on the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Cool on a rack.
Who would you make some for?
Pin straight to your Pinterest board for later!
Other recipes you might enjoy