This Roasted New Potato, Salmon and Dill Tortilla is a great recipe to have. Now you have a healthier recipe for a light supper, it’s a great week night choice – one you can finish up the next day for a quick and healthy lunch! I always buy too many eggs assuming the men of the family will crave omelettes or ‘eggs and soldiers’ when they are here. Otherwise, I assume I’ll bake a huge cake for the weekend. But, it doesn’t always happen. So, a recipe idea to use up eggs is really useful.
I love potatoes with a passion and recipes with waxy new potatoes in particular. Roasting them first makes this fish and potato tortilla more flavoursome.
It’s a really tasty lunch for a picnic or guests because you can prepare the dish earlier and eat it at room temperature.
PIN this salmon and dill tortilla recipe!
Serve with a crunchy salad or some crusty bread on the side. A light squeeze of lemon over the tortilla would work very well.
How to make this roast new potato, salmon and dill tortilla.
- olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g baby new potatoes
- 2 salmon fillets
- 6 free-range eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 15g pack of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs of lemon thyme, leaves picked
- salt and pepper
- Turn an oven on to 180ºC. Cut the new potatoes in half. Place into a roasting tin with a little olive oil. Season with salt and place in the hot oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Break the eggs and lightly whisk with the dill, season with a little salt.
- Rub the skinless salmon in olive oil , lemon thyme leaves and the grated lemon zest.
- In a 25cm frying pan cook the salmon until just cooked through, turning the fish to get an even result.
- Remove the salmon and rest it on some kitchen paper.
- Add the onions into the same pan on a medium heat until soft. Add the chopped garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add in the roasted potatoes, flaked salmon and finally the egg mixture.
- Cook on the hob on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Heat the grill.
- Place the pan under the grill for another 3 minutes to finish off the top.
- Serves 4 as a light supper.
Let’s stay connected!!
Other healthier recipes