These awesome Roasted Peach and Pistachio Sundaes make a rather elegant twist on the usual fun sundae recipes. It is one for grownups and is ideal for an easy dinner party dessert, a romantic meal for two or alfresco dining. They are simple to make but look pretty special served in a glass.
I’ll show you how to make sundaes that will wow your guests! This recipe is a sophisticated version but it still tastes incredible and looks stunning with the green of the pistachios and roasted reds of the peach. Even better is that this is a pudding you can prepare earlier and just assemble at serving time.
PIN this roasted peach and pistachio sundaes recipe for later!
This recipe is enough for 2. Sundaes always come as large portions and these Roasted Peach and Pistachio Sundaes are no exception!
The pistachio green and peach red colours really pop. Make sure you pick a really ripe peach with tinges of red to guarantee this look.
I love the crunch of Amaretti biscuits with ice-cream and they work really well with this recipe. Remember some Italian biscuits are soft – get these crunchy ones!
Toppings are really simple with the last of the roasted peaches and bright green chopped pistachios. Sometimes, less is more.
How to make Roasted Peach and Pistachio Sundaes
Ingredients – enough for 2
- 1 large peach
- a sprinkle of brown sugar
- a drizzle of honey
- 1 500ml tub of pistachio ice-cream – I used Criterion Pistachio Dairy Ice Cream
- 1 small handful of pistachios
- 8 Doria Amaretti biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Deseed and cut the peach into quarters.
- Place the peach pieces into an oven pan, rub with a little brown sugar and drizzle over a little honey.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooled at least a little slice each piece into 3 or 4.
- Place 2 pieces at the base of the sundae glass, add a crumbled Amaretti biscuit, then a scoop of pistachio ice-cream.
- Repeat until the glass is full (or the peaches are used up).
- Add chopped pistachios on the top.
Time to dig in!
Let’s stay connected!!