These Sweet Potato Wedges with Walnut Salsa Verdi are fantastically healthy. They make a great side dish with sausages or lamb chops or a satisfying vegetarian main course for two. It’s a fuss free recipe that is simple to make but impressive to serve. This is my favourite kind of dinner!
The salsa verdi is highly flavoured, with elements of sweet, sour and hot. It is packed with nutritional ingredients. The sweet potatoes are full of fibre and vitamin A, which helps keep your skin beautiful and blemish free.
PIN for later!
This is my favourite type of food and the kind of thing I love to cook when my carnivorous husband is away. Although he loves this Walnut Salsa Verdi on steak or lamb!
How to make Sweet Potato Wedges with Walnut Salsa Verdi
- 2 sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 150g goats cheese
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- leaves from a handful of mint + some tips for decorating
- 50g walnuts + another 10g for sprinkling on top
- 1 Tbsp of capers
- 2 tsp runny honey
- juice of 1/2 large lemon, or 1 whole small
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
How to make Sweet Potato Wedges
- Heat the oven to 200ºC
- Cut the sweet potatoes into large wedges and rub them all over with olive oil
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes to season.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes.
How to make Walnut Salsa Verdi
- Place the garlic, red chillies, mint leaves, 50g of the walnuts and capers into a blender and whizz into a rough paste.
- Stir in the olive oil, lemon juice and honey.
- Taste and season to taste.
Lay the cooked sweet potato wedges onto a dish, spoon over the walnut salsa verdi and sprinkle over the feta cheese, remaining chopped walnuts and mint sprigs.
It makes the most perfectly healthy finger food – Dig in!
Let’s stay connected!
Other healthy and filling dinners