I shall teach you how to make chocolate discs. But, not simple chocolate discs with fruit and nuts, this chocolate disc recipe uses swirls of three types chocolate at the same time. Once you know how, they are easy to make and fun too! I’ve added dried cherries and cranberries alongside the pistachios because they look as good as they taste. You are going to need 4 piping bags and you’ll be on your way to making these exciting chocolate treats.
There is something about chocolate discs that seem so innocent when they are covered in fruit, nuts and seeds. If you want a healthier version, skip the trio of chocolate and make them solely with 85% chocolate and sprinkle them with just the sesame seeds and pistachios.
For my Trio Chocolate Discs With Fruit And Nut, you will need
- 30g dark chocolate
- 30g milk chocolate
- 30g white chocolate
- 18 pistachios
- 18 dried cherries
- 18 dried cranberries
- a couple of pinches of toasted sesame seeds
- 4 piping bags
How to make Chocolate Discs With Fruit And Nuts
- Put the 3 chocolates in separate heat proof bowls, broken into pieces.
- Put 3 small saucepans of water on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat off and place the 3 bowls of chocolate over the saucepans of hot water.
- Leave them to melt, while you gather the fruit and nuts
- Take the chocolate bowls off the heat before they have fully melted and stir with a spatula until the last pieces melt (this will help ensure the chocolate is tempered, crisp and shiny).
- As each chocolate fully melts, place in separate piping bags. Force the melted chocolate down to the ‘nozzle’ and squeeze out any air twisting the top to keep the chocolate air-tight.
- Once you have done all three, place them all into the remaining piping bag, so that all the nozzle ends are at the same height.
- Have a piece of parchment paper ready out on the side along with your fruit and nuts.
- Cut through the nozzle of the piping bag and the 3 inside whilst holding them nozzle-up.
- Pinch hold of the nozzle ends until you are ready to start.
- Then pipe out your discs of chocolate. You should have enough for 5 or 6.
- THE CHOCOLATE WILL RUN OUT QUICKLY, SO WORK QUICKLY.
- Place your dried fruit, pistachio nuts and the toasted sesame seeds evenly on each disc.
- Leave to harden at room temperature (unless it is very warm, then it would be better in the fridge).
Other Chocolate Treats you might enjoy
PIN this straight to your Pinterest board!
Let’s Stay Connected!
Claim Your FREE Travel Guide & Checklist
Claim your free travel guide and checklist and be sent weekly posts on travel, recipes and more! Helping to make your midlife more fabulous.